||Trauma & Critical Care Unit
The Trauma & Critical Care Unit of PMCH offers 24-hour support by all specialities. This unit comprises of Specialists from all emergency departments, Advanced Life Support / ICU Ambulances with a team of medical and para-medical staff.
Intensive Care Units
Separate Intensive care units for Medical, Surgical and Paediatric cases
Medical ICU: 20 bedded well equipped Medical Intensive Care Unit with Ventilators, Pulse Oxymeter and Cardiac Monitors.
Toxicology ICU: Modern Toxicology Unit for Treatment of Snake bite and all types of poisoning and associated complications.
Surgical ICU: Separate Surgical ICU with 14 beds, equipped with Monitors, Ventilators & Infusion pumps etc.
Neuro Surgical ICU: Well equipped Neuro ICU with 14 beds, Monitors, Ventilators etc
Paediatric ICU: Well equipped Paediatric ICU with six beds, Expert Nursing Care. Incubator, Radiant Warmer, Paediatric Ventilator & Monitor.
Neonatal ICU: 16 bedded NICU with Ventilators, Photo therapy unit and facility for exchange transfusion
The state-of-art dialysis unit offers 24-hour support to the suffering patients. Our Dialysis units have 15 number of advanced ultra modern dialysis machines which enable the dialysis of 15 patients at a time. A full time Nephrologist, well qualified and experienced paramedical staff are working in this unit.
Round the clock pharmacy services with all major brands of medicines. Vaccines for Paediatric, Antirabbies vaccines, Antivenum for different types of poison cases etc are also available in the pharmacy. There are 6 pharmacies functioning in the Hospital (Level on each at 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th floor of the hospital block, one at Hrudayalaya and one at Dental College).
Medicine are made available @ 10 to 50% of rate discount
Blood Bank offers 24-hour support to our Surgical, Intensive Care and Emergency units as well as out side hospital.
A Blood Donation Forum has been functioning under the supervision of the college NSS unit.
- One of the highly modernized blood bank in the northern part of Kerala with full fledged component separation facility.
- Our Blood Bank functions as RBTC (Regional Blood Transfusion Centre) as recognized by Kerala State AIDS Control Society.
- Sufficient stock of all Blood groups and its various products are maintains to meet any emergency.
- Ensure possible acceptable level of safe Blood by latest screening technology.
- Our blood bank promotes voluntary blood donation and awareness Camp as and when requested by various social organization of Kannur, Kasaragod and Waynad districts.
- All transfusion dependent cases like dialysis, Thallassemia, Hemophilia and other Blood related malignancies are supported promptly.
DONATE BLOOD, SAVE LIFE!
MRI Scan/CT Scan
The MRI scanner and CT Scanner service available round the clock.
- Laboratory Services are headed by highly experienced team from pathology, biochemistry and microbiology departments.
- Equipped with fully automatic Biochemistry Nalyser, Five Part differential Cell Counters, Electrolyte Analyser, Coagulation Analyser, Fully Automatic CLA unit, Turbidometric Analyser etc.
- External Quality Assurance with National Giants like AIIMS-New Delhi, CMC Vellore